We are headed rapidly towards 2013, and I do love the start of each new year. It feels like a blank page, all crisp and fresh and ready to have new stories written upon it. A fresh start and a chance to make some new year’s resolutions. On my personal life journey I feel like every year teaches me so much and I’m sure 2013 will be no exception.
So to the resolutions, here are mine;
– Stop eating sugar during the week. Last year I gave up sugar, altogether, for nearly five months. At which point I got really fed up with having to be so careful and sensible all the time, because sugar is in everything! So I have changed my goal, now I’m thinking no sugar between Monday and Friday. The reasons behind this are to avoid diabetes (which appears to be in my family genetics) and to maintain a healthy weight.
– Learn to say no. I don’t like saying no, to anyone, ever. If I ever even attempt to say no I feel that I have to back it up with a detailed explanation and often manage to talk myself out of the no in the process. My life becomes unmanageable because I over commit and my family ends up suffering, which isn’t fair. So when I don’t want to or can’t do something I am going to try simply saying no I can’t do that at the moment.
– Learn to rely on myself. I am over reliant on other people. I struggle to make decisions, or cope with stress without needing someone else’s help. I want to have more faith in myself, I can make decisions and work through difficult situations without anyone’s help. So next time I reach for the phone because I’m struggling I will see if I can manage the situation myself. This will make my friendships and family relationships more balanced and happy as well as helping my self esteem.
– Don’t judge people, live and let live. Obviously I already try hard to not be judgemental, I will try even harder in 2013.
There you have it, those are my 2013 new year’s resolutions. If I can stick to them I will be very pleased. Have you made any ? Please comment and share your resolutions with me. Happy New Year and here’s to 2013 being a fabulous year for us all.
wishing everybody a happy and healthy New Year
Happy new year Purple Mum!
Here come my resolutions about 2013;
1. Find ways to be more with my grandchildren.
2. Be more “here and now”, even on my own, without the grandchildren (Mindfullness).
3. Learn how to say no, without rejecting, not Children or adults.
4. Find another way to earn Money.
I have ended last year and startet the new, with lectures on internet. I had the flue / cold and could not go to work and as the childen have their christmas vacation anyhow, I got the time to see and listening to this seminary, in the sofa at home. I will realy recomend this to parents and teachers: The name is Gordon Neufeld from Canada. Just google his name and you will find all you need about his work with developmental psychology. I saw the lecture he had in Sweden on www. urplay.se, and the best thing for me is that his spoken English is translated to Swedish. He have also written books and one is called “Hold on to your Kids; Why Parents Need to Matter More Than Peers”. This made a big impact on me and I got the answers I like to have.
Happy new year again and let us hold on to our resolutions.
I am on my 3rd sugar free day, felt like crap all day and am having choc cravings but I really need to do it I think as since being pregnant with Iyla I have been totally addicted, to the point where I could have lived on sweet stuff! I think cutting it out during the week is far more realistic but I always end up doing it drastically and chucking out all sugar and not wanting to eat any. Easier to fail like that though! Happy New Year x