Mr Purple is a very keen gardener, and very handy at DIY too. So he designed and made this beautiful water feature for our garden.
How To Make A Water Feature From A Belfast Sink:
Firstly we were lucky enough to have been given an old Belfast sink. I’ve had a little look online and it looks like you could pick one up for around £60. Which still makes this a relatively cheap garden improvement project.
You will also need:
- A plug
- Silicon aquarium sealer
- Small adjustable pump
- Decorative stones
- Wood for under and ledges around the sink: we got ours from Ikea where they always have a free scrap wood box.
- Plastic crate
Step By Step:
1. Sit the sink on some wood and make sure it is level.
2. Put in the plug and seal to make the sink watertight.
3. Put the pump on the bottom of the sink. Cover it with a plastic crate
4. Plug pump into an outdoor socket.
5. Fill to level with the overflow with stones. Fill with water.
6. Switch on and enjoy!