Last week I had a visit from a lovely fellow blogger, Gemma from Hello It’s Gemma.I had decided that I’d make us a pear & apple crumble for a mid morning snack. She would arrive to the smell of cooking crumble and award me wholesome housewifely points immediately. Instead I got caught up with my children and the household pixies and nothing got done, Gemma arrived to me mid hasty hoover with the aforementioned crumble still unmade.
So I decided to play this one as “oh look I have organised a craft activity for us, here is a pear and here is a knife”. This worked rather well and the ensuing crumble delicious, so here is the recipe.
Pear & Apple Crumble:
- Three medium sized pears
- Two apples
- A handful of raisons
- Tablespoon of honey
- 225g plain flour
- 90g soft brown sugar
- 115g unsalted butter, chopped into small cubes at room temp
- Handful of oats
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees c/ 400 degrees f/ gas 6.
2. Peel, core and chop the pears and apples, put into a medium size ovenproof dish.
3. Add the raisons and honey.
4. Put the flour and butter into a mixing bowl. Using your fingers rub them together until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
5. Add the soft brown sugar and the oats to the flour and butter mixture. Mix well and pour evenly over the pear and apple mixture. Use a wooden spoon to make it level.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve warm with custard, cream or ice-cream.