The Purple family love Halloween. We’ve enjoyed spooky Halloween tea, a Halloween party (click link to see how to plan your own party) and of course trick or treating in past years. This year I was invited to try Poundland for my Halloween supplies. I have to admit I’ve never been to Poundland, to be honest I’m not generally a bargain shop person. Recently though circumstances have changed (more on that in another post) and I need to make our family budget stretch further, so the timing for this was perfect.
We were given £25 in Poundland vouchers to buy everything we need to celebrate Halloween. So we started out by making our plans for Halloween this year. We decided to decorate our house, carve a pumpkin, have a spooky Halloween tea, dress up and head out for some trick or treating. Here’s what we got:
- Waving solar power skeleton.
- Light up skull and ghost decorations.
- Frankenstein candle holder.
- Paper pumpkin decorations.
- Pumpkin for carving.
- Large glow in the dark skeleton.
- Spooky plates.
- Spooky Napkins.
- Spooky ice cube tray (skulls and crosses).
- Pom Bears.
Trick or treating:
- Pumpkin costume for Wonder Girl.
- Witches hat for me.
- Witches hat for Wonder Girl.
- Skeleton costume for Robo Boy.
- 4 packs of spooky sweets, including skull lollipops, bulging eyeballs, spooky bracelets.
- Pack of 2 torches which project spooky images on the wall.
Plus I got batteries for the light up decorations, and two deadly animals activity books for the boys to do on Halloween day.
I think you’ll agree this is an incredible haul for £25 and our Halloween is going to be fabulous. I’ll definitely be visiting Poundland in future for more bargains.
*Disclosure: I was sent a £25 voucher to spend in Poundland.
I LOVE discount shops. I am not at all surprised you did so well for £25. You’ve reminded me to pick up a couple of those torches, we got them last year and they were a big hit, so big that the picture discs are now scattered to the four corners of the house and cannot be found!