Robo Boy is wonderful, a real ray of sunshine and joy in my life. That said lately he is finding joy in things that I do not really find as wonderful as he does. Here’s a list of his current favourite activities:
- Saying bum, pooh, bottom face etc
- Making a very loud roaring sound which is both alarming and extremely irritating at the same time. It makes me jump and grates, might possibly be useful in a burglar alarm, not so much in a son.
- Winding up his sister until she is as high as a kite and the two of them can run around together causing mayhem.
- Winding up his brother until he snaps and lashes out, then crying about the injustice of it extremely loudly.
- Not listening, to anything I say, ever!
The not listening to anything ever is especially delightful. It means we can have amazing conversations like this:
Me: “Wash your hands for dinner”
Me: “Robo Boy, wash your hands, it’s dinner time”
Me: “Robo Boy wash your hands, please don’t make me ask again”
Robo Boy: “What did you say Mum”
Me: (imploding quietly) “never mind”
I love Robo Boy and he has some amazing qualities, but his bum jokes and hyper craziness are not amongst them.
Give Me Strength
I love the “imploding quietly”. Perhaps he honestly doesn’t hear you though? Whatever it is, you’re the right mother for the job! 🙂
He honestly doesn’t hear me, because he’s not giving his focus and listening on account of a head full of pixies 🙂
oh yes pooh, bum, wee and spew are hilarious i our house with both boys *sighs* and cheekily answering me back and copying me when i ask him something!!! soooooo annoying x
I think our little angels are getting an alternative education in school!