I’ve had my Sodastream Source machine since I wrote about it here in June last year. I love it. I use it every week to make diet cola as well as tonic for my favourite summer drink, Gin and tonic. My other preferred alcoholic drink is a fruity cocktail, so when Sodastream asked me to try a Sodastream cocktail I was happy to oblige.
With Mothers day coming up (hint hint) a Sodastream cocktail is a great way to make the day feel more special, and for us Mums to feel a little bit extra pampered. There’s a sale here on their machines at the moment, with the cheapest machine currently only £39.99 it could make a great Mother’s day gift.
In fact I think now I’ve seen the potential of my Sodastream wine o’clock may be usurped by cocktail hour! Or my evening bubble bath might be taken vodka cocktail in hand. Here’s a recipe to get you started.
- 40ml Vodka
- 25ml lime juice
- 150ml Sodastream pink grapefruit soda
- Twist of orange peel for garnish
Hints for the perfect Sodastream cocktail:
- Use ice cold water to make your soda.
- Chill your glasses in the freezer for 10 to 15 mins.
- Shake to the beat of your favourite tune, ahem. Place six ice-cubes per drink in the shaker and groove/shake for ten seconds or until frost appears on the shaker. Think Tom Cruise in cocktail.
- Make your drinks look pretty. Tacky is all part of the cocktail fun so fruit garnishes, fancy straws, paper umbrellas etc. Just be careful not to poke your eye out when drinking!
Enjoy. Though whether you don a spotty purple onsie to do so is entirely up to you.
*Disclaimer: Sodastream sent me a hamper with the kit to make the cocktail.